Friday, December 26, 2008

"I Kneel Before No Man"

That's a quote from "The Chronicles of Riddick"; a Vin Diesel vehicle which is a sequal to "Pitch Black".  The last few weeks I found myself saying that line to myself while watching movies about European Kings; as well as Christmas movies about Jesus;  as long as it is a person telling me what to do I will not, nor cannot, obey any rule which abridges the right of any other person to the basic rights of property.  As religious as I can be; if Jesus himself told me to take another persons property (including harming their body) I could not obey without a deep feeling of guilt.  "Kneel before no man;"  to me those are words to live by; no matter if he were elected by popular demand or annointed by God; "I kneel before no man."  


Addendum: I just recently watched the movie again and the quote is actually, "I bow to no man." But I think it makes the same point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers