Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Government and Race

I am of the opinion that the government has no business knowing what race a person is.  It should not matter whether a person is white, black, asian, Native American or any other race, it is no business of the government.  Yes; 40 or more years ago the government needed to step in to to stop such inane laws as the Jim Crow laws in the south, but what business is it of theirs anymore?  In my experience; government preference of one race over another has only worked to strain the burgening relationships.  I grew up and still live in an area with with many Native Americans; many of whom were my best friends, but what made me feel any ill will towards them what so ever was the fact that they got special treatment fromt the government that I as a white child was not afforded.   The same goes for African Americans; I have many friends and even relatives whom are African American, and I feel no ill will towards them(in fact I have gone to fistacuffs over people using derogatory frasing towards them), but the government pushing obsurd tolerance laws and constantly telling me how racist I am by the fact that I am white is the only cause I have to feel ill will towards them.  I think if the government just kept thier noses out of our business there would be no problems.  Not to mention the government mishandles everything and then blames thier mishandling on racism.  See for instance the Beurou of Indain Affairs in this John Stossel clip:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers